We’re looking for…
A Sr. Data Analyst/Data Scientist who will lead efforts to solve some of the most analytically complex questions that a fast-growing ecommerce company faces leveraging the trove of data that Rue La La has access to including web traffic, sales, and customer data and turning it into actionable insights.
This position requires a combination of strong data analysis, data mining, business analytics and statistical skills. A good understanding of business strategy and experience in the ecommerce industry is helpful.
We are looking for an innovative, positive, self-directed team player who is passionate about “figuring out” solutions to problems or methodology for improved deliverables.
What you’ll accomplish…
Translate complex analytics tasks into concise and easily consumable outputs to help marketing stakeholders make data driven decisions and quantify marketing campaigns/incentives for payback and determine ROI
- Design and test marketing experiments in collaboration with marketing and technology teams
- Conduct statistical analysis and test hypothesis around business questions
- Determine and recommend best customer segments for targeting
- Forecast performance measures for customer cohorts that feed into financial planning
- Contribute in creating business performance review presentations for executives
- Design and implement report/dashboards for the consumption of business stakeholders
- Develop consistent approaches and methodologies, automate repeatable tasks and drive process efficiencies
- Strategically contribute in driving business decisions through data and analytics
- Opportunity to collaborate and impact various departments of the organization
THE RIGHT FIT:
- You’re a wizard at database querying using SQL (or similar query language); working knowledge of BI/visualization tools is (Tableau, Spotfire, Qlickview, etc.) is a plus
- Working knowledge of databases and data warehousing techniques
- Champion of Data mining and predictive modeling techniques and mature skill level in using statistical packages such as R/Python
- Good command of Excel, including pivot tables, and PowerPoint slide creation
- Comfortable presenting insights from quantitative analysis and models to a non-technical audience
- Educational major in mathematics, statistics, marketing, business analytics, or economics
- 3+ years’ experience in data analysis in consumer/retail marketing analytics
Bonus points for…
If you’ve got everything going on above, you’re already a strong fit. If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
- Familiarity with source control and version management tools such as Git-Hub
- Familiarity of concepts around revenue and profit optimization (applications of operations research)
- Application of design of experiments and measurement in marketing
About the Marketing Analytics Team:
Deliver data driven insights to empower key stakeholders in achieving business goals.
Our Marketing team is extremely data savvy and analytical. We truly believe in the value of data and its power in driving our business goals. We certainly love geeking out on data, but are equally skilled at belting out a capella tune!
Rue La La combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 15+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.