The Sr. Marketing Analyst is a member of the Circulation team is responsible for driving the development and execution of marketing plans to meet traffic, demand, profit and customer acquisition goals. In this position you will draw upon your quantitative and problem solving skills to optimize marketing investments designed to balance both profitability and growth. Additionally, your strong project management skills will enable you to successfully implement time-sensitive marketing campaigns, coordinate external vendors and internal stakeholders and communicate results to senior management.
- Drive the marketing planning and analysis process with a specific focus on the optimization of direct mail and catalogs to achieve traffic, demand, profitability and customer growth targets.
- Execute the marketing plan by implementing time-sensitive marketing campaigns and continually monitoring business performance to make in-season recommendations. Manage cross-functional deliverables and external vendors to ensure the timely and accurate execution of plans.
- Support a culture of fail cheaply, learn often and succeed quickly. Actively participate in hypothesis testing including test design, implementation and analysis.
- Participate in the advancement of targeting techniques and CRM strategies to strengthen relationships with our customers. Posses an working understanding of predictive modeling: application, evaluation and improvement.
- Partner with CRM, E-Commerce, Brand Marketing, Merchandising and Creative groups to ensure cohesive execution of demand plan and marketing strategy.
- Proactively communicate your performance against goals and regularly meet with management to discuss career path and objectives.
Internal and External Relationships:
Internal: CRM, E-Commerce, Brand marketing, Direct Merchandising, Direct Inventory Planning, Finance
External: Database Vendors, List Manager /Broker, Analytic Vendors
- Bachelors degree required. Quantitative degrees preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience or equivalent education. Prior direct marketing experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with superior quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Prior experience with campaign management solutions (Unica, SAS, etc) a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver against aggressive goals.
- Proficiency in data-mining software such as SAS/SQL or equivalent. Proficiency in Excel required.