Sr. Manager, Business Development
MITX (MA Innovation and Technology Exchange) is looking for a Sr. Manager, Business Development, who enjoys being part of the growing innovation community in Boston.
The Sr. Manager, Business Development will be responsible for prospecting and selling MITX/BIMA sponsorships and partnerships. The objectives of this position are to uncover and close new sales opportunities, spearhead outreach from targeted prospect lists, and attain an annual quota. This position will report to the President.
The candidate must also be a natural networker, committed to hard work, professional growth and is energized by engaging with mid to senior level executives; and has the skills and relationships to connect with our existing community and help us to expand it.
Candidate must be highly motivated with 3-5 years of recent business development & community building experience and be committed to prospecting for new business at mid to large companies in New England. The right candidate must be a good networker and public speaker, and be proficient with CRM software.
Prior experience selling services and working in a small collaborative environment is preferred.
To be considered for this position, you must be willing to travel throughout greater Boston and attend day and evening events.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Creative, self-motivated, proactive and able to work in both independent and team environments.
· Strong organizational skills (including the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously) and exceptional attention to detail.
· The ability to thrive independently, communicate and cooperate with peers in a team is essential in this role.
· High degree of professionalism and maturity to interface with senior level executives and deliver exceptional customer service to members.
· Strong communications, written, oral and interpersonal skills are critical.
· Outbound cold calling into firms
· Reporting and tracking of leads/sales.
Compensation is a combination of salary and commission with competitive benefits included.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange MITX.org
Reaching more than 7,500 professionals in tech enabled businesses, MITX (MA Innovation and Technology Exchange) connects, develops and advances the innovation community in New England. MITX cultivates and advances the community through thought leadership, business relationships and professional training and development. We run over 25 events a year including day-long educational summits, the MITX Awards and FutureM, a 2 day national event experience in Boston. We also manage a sister organization, BIMA (Boston Interactive Media Association), for individuals involved in digital media buying, planning and selling. MITX is a dynamic, exciting organization focused on building a community of people passionate about innovation. We hope you’ll join us!